It’s time for a bit of a rant about idiotic drivers.
1. Don’t be an ass, if you’re going to park your vehicle, use one spot like the rest of us. Damages to your vehicle should be expected as people attempted to park next to you. And, No. Those aren’t marks from a baseball bat, it’s collateral damage.
2. The on-ramp was created to give you time to get up to highway/freeway speeds.. so when you enter the highway/freeway at 35mph don’t expect me to slow down to let your lethargic ass in. Either get up to the proper speed, or get off the road.
2a. MERGING.. Holy crap, people. Merging isn’t that hard. If you’re already on the freeway/highway, there is NOTHING that says YOU need to slowdown for the traffic entering the highway/freeway. The person getting onto the highway/freeway needs to be responsible for either speeding up or slowing down to get into traffic. When idiots who are already in traffic slow down to let someone who isn’t up to speed into traffic, they cause people behind them to slow down, which causes a big slow down. You can always just change lanes to get around the idiot who just entered a freeway/highway at 35mph.
3. If you’re going to drive, DRIVE. I am sick and tired of seeing people who are too busy fumbling with something in their hand or the radio and either not staying in their lane, or driving way too slow. If you cannot correctly navigate your vehicle and do whatever it is you’re doing in addition to trying to drive, then don’t do anything but drive!
4. I can understand the mind set of an elderly person wanting to continue to drive until they physically are unable to anymore, but sweet baby Jesus! Some of these people! Moving along at a snails pace in the slow lane. There should really be annual driving tests for anyone over the age of 70 to ensure their still capable of properly operating a motor vehicle without issue. How many times have you seen an older person driving way too slow OR they “mistakenly” press the gas instead of the brake and plow into a business? Exactly.
5. Can their be a mental evaluation included in driving tests? Are we able to rule out the people who are just too stupid to be driving? I swear to God, I’ve seen a lot of people recently who have that deer in the head light look on their face while their driving, they pay no attention to their mirrors, their heads don’t move while their driving to assess the area around their vehicle, they just go forward. Cutting people off, or not obeying traffic signs, blowing red lights, changing lanes without looking to see if someone is next to them.. Ugh. sometimes I wish my car had a battering ram on it.
6. For the love of God people, if there is a cop that has someone pulled over, THERE IS NO NEED TO SLOW DOWN! However, Washington State Law does state that we need to provide the officer with one lane between us and them, so change lanes to do so. BUT, You don’t need to slow down to look, or be freaked that he’s going to somehow, stop what he’s currently doing and chase after you!
6a. STOP SLOWING DOWN TO LOOK AT WRECKS!!!!!!!! It’s obvious what happened, someone who wasn’t paying attention, crashed their vehicle into another vehicle or object. YOU don’t need to slow down to look at the scene. If you’re so damn curious, park whatever it is you drive on the side of the road and get your rocks off.
6b. The police will always see you before you see them. Just because you suddenly notice a police officer on the side of the road, there is no need to slow down! If you’re obeying the law and driving the speed limit, he shouldn’t have a reason to pull you over (unless of course, you have a problem with your vehicle that he deems unfit and wants to inform you.. i.e. light out). Seriously, if you were speeding, the cop saw you a quarter of a mile away and has already got his eye on you and is probably already getting in his car to pull your ass over.
7. Your vehicle comes with these wonderful things called LIGHTS. You have head lights, turn signal lights, brake lights, emergency flasher lights. A. Make sure they ALL work correctly. Bulb out? it’s like $4 dollars to buy a replacement bulb! B. USE THEM!! Your head lights aren’t there just so YOU can see, their also there so I CAN SEE YOU! If it’s near dusk and it’s getting dark, don’t be an asshole. turn on your head lights. What’s that? You’re changing lanes? There’s a little thing behind your steering wheel you can flip UP to indicate a right turn or push DOWN to indicate a left turn. What’s that? Your hands are too full to do that? Excuse my french, GET OFF THE GOD DAMN ROAD! It’s people like you who don’t deserve to drive!
8. See that sign that says, “Lane closed ahead”? When you wait to the very last possible moment to get over, I’m never going to let your sorry ass in. You had your chance to merge. Grow up and stop bitching when nobody lets you in. I can see you nearly tearing your steering wheel off when nobody lets you in. You now what that’s called? Me being satisfied. 🙂
9. Sitting at a red light? Good, WATCH that light! Because when you happen to look up from your phone and notice the car in front of you has suddenly gone missing and you turn into speedy gonzales and go flying through the intersection just as the light turns red, everybody behind you is wishing death upon your good for nothing sorry ass. Plus everyone else sitting at the intersection knows you’re the idiot they hate, or their just too busy playing on their phone to even notice.
10. For the love of God people, stop being egotistical moronic, sophomoric retarded morons. Have you consumed alcohol? Smoked weed? done any kind of drugs? You had better not drive! You seriously need a cab. can’t afford one? too freaking bad! God gave us legs and feet for a reason. Get to stepping twinkle toes!
It’s idiots like you who make life hard on the rest of us, you are incompetent and shouldn’t be allowed to operate a motor vehicle. It’s because of YOUR actions while you’re driving that causes wrecks, and traffic jams. If everybody that is operating a motor vehicle, did just that, OPERATE the motor vehicle and NOTHING ELSE there would be a lot fewer wrecks, fewer traffic jams and everybody would arrive at their destination when they wanted to be there.
Oh and one more thing, If you do not have a drivers license or insurance, and you hit my vehicle and try to talk your way out of it, rest assured, I will take the cost of the damage out on you.